How Employee Self-service Can Be Of Great Value To Your Company?
Posted on February 28, 2020
Human resource managers are constantly faced with this huge challenge of increasing productivity and improving employee services. The place of the HR department in an organisation is often overlooked, although it plays such a pivotal role in most organisations. Mostly loaded with various roles and responsibilities, a better way to reduce the burden is to introduce an employee centred system where employees can carry out a number of activities themselves thereby relieving the HR staff to focus more on crucial issues that are important to the organisational growth. By rolling out cloud-based HR systems that offer employment self-service, the entire organisation can have access to crucial information, which can help retain highest-quality employees and also facilitate much better ways of effective communications throughout the organisation.
Employee Self Service creates a single, secure database for confidential HR information and processes. It provides easy-to-navigate settings accessible to all employees of the organisation, regardless of place and time. The access rights to this information are set up by HR. Here are some benefits that show the value of ESS.
Benefits for Employees
Employee Self-Service ends a lot of frustration and resentment among the employees; they feel more empowered, engaged and satisfied at work.
1. Enables the management with a hassle-free job via the Employee Self-Service process goes on to making your employees feel more positive about the work environment. It has a beneficial effect on the general morale thereby resulting in a more efficient workforce.
2. Self-service makes it very easy for the employees to see their entitlements, view and download old payslips, manage their superannuation contributions, and consider and download incentive slips. By promoting ESS, you’re providing your employees with a historical document of their growth in their respective careers.
3. Keeping the staff informed and up-to-date with HR policies and procedures is another value-added bonus of adopting ESS. Employees always appreciate when they are kept informed with reference to any changes to policies and procedures by making it easily accessible to them.
Benefits for Employers
The benefits ESS delivers are much bigger than just relieving a bit of pressure from the HR Staff.
1. It improves efficiency; your employees spend less time waiting on requests for information. They have a clearer view of their own position within the organisation, and are able to focus on the work in hand better.
2. It is cost-effective. The executive cost is brought down substantially by introducing the ESS of finance and payroll processes since employees do not feel the necessity to print every information, because it is out there for them online all the time.
3. It enables you to specialize in maintaining a cheerful and contented workforce. As of now the HR staff can specialize in counseling and other employee development activities rather than spending all their time on admin tasks. It also gives the HR team ample time to plan for other employee-friendly programs and activities thereby helping in reducing attrition by maintaining a cheerful work culture.
4. Employee Self-Service helps in reducing an enormous admin bottleneck towards the top of the year. By balancing out the executive tasks across your organisation, you’ll now maintain a more manageable headcount across your HR department.
5. Employee Self-Service also empowers managers and encourages autonomy within the organisation. It facilitates managers to form certain decisions concerning the day-to-day welfare or personal development of employees. This will be easily achieved via an employee self-service system by facilitating managers with the power to approve requests for leave or training without the necessity to involve HR directly.
Timelabs provide the best Employee Self-Service systems which are aimed at saving time, reducing costs and improving employee satisfaction.