How The Biometric Face Recognition System Has Rapidly Expanded?
Posted on May 21, 2016
You might have come across biometric face recognition system, but you are not familiar about the concept. Well, the face recognition system uses a specific geometry for distinguishing the different features of face. It uses computer vision to identify or authenticate a person. The best part is that the technology can often be applied without the knowledge of the subject about his observation. Therefore, whether it is about finding missing children or tracking some criminals, things become extremely easy and effective with the help of this technology.
Following A Specific Methodology:
It is crucial to note that this system follows a specific methodology of accomplishing its task.
- A digital camera is fitted into the system that takes the facial image.
- Software products are used to locate the face in the image. This procedure is also known as face detection.
- Once a face has been selected in the category of images, it is the task of the software to analyze the overall spatial geometry. The techniques used for extracting the features for identification in this context might vary from one system to another. In most cases, the software creates a template with a reduced set of data. Consequently, it identifies the individual on the basis of his facial features.
- The template generated by software is then compared with the known set of database in order to complete the process of authentication.
Several Challenges Of The System:
There is no denying that using the biometric face recognition system is often easy, but at times, there might be lots of challenges associated with the system.
- Variable backgrounds and image lights might make it difficult for the software to locate the appropriate face in the image.
- At times, parts of the face might be covered when it becomes challenging for the software to locate the face and recognize it correctly.
- When the face is not held in the same angle, the software might fail to recognize the face correctly.
- Different types of cameras might make it difficult for the software to recognize properly.
- Facial features of a person might often change with aging making it difficult to authenticate.
The Suitability Of The Face Recognition In Biometrics:
The suitability of face recognition in the field of biometrics has been studied. Different solutions exist for both small and large businesses, and even for private uses. It is crucial to invest on the right software so that it is capable of performing the vital tasks of authentication effectively. Checking out with different companies can help you find an appropriate solution, as per your needs.
Biometric face recognition system is very interesting because the subject is not aware of his verification of his identity. As a result, it turns out to be very useful for surveillance applications. With the constant advancement in technology, several measures are being used to ensure that the overall performance and uniqueness is boosted for proper identification and authentication.